P & M Patterns - Ethel Dress and Blouse
About the Ethel Dress and Blouse
Either a blouse or a dress with a boho and chic flair, ETHEL is the core garment of your wardrobe.
Its design is not only perfect for every body shape, but the many aspects of this design will please the beginner seamstress, thanks to its quick execution and easiness, as well as the more advanced seamstress who will enjoy the blank canvas this pattern provides.
The variations offered by ETHEL can lead to many different makes:
- Bodice with two cutting line heights: WAIST, slightly below the natural waist, or EMPIRE, under the bust,
- 3 neckline types: JEWEL, V, or WRAP,
- Blouse with SINGLE or DOUBLE-LAYER peplum,
- SHORT dress WITH or WITHOUT ruffle, hits above the knee,
- LONG dress WITH or WITHOUT ruffle, hits at the ankle,
- And, just for the fun, a plethora of sleeve types:
- LONG sleeves
- ¾ sleeves
- HALF sleeves
- CAP sleeves
- BISHOP sleeves
- BUTTERFLY sleeves
- GATHERED sleeves
ETHEL’s versatility makes it extremely addictive…You’ve been warned!
The paper pattern includes:
- the booklet in English, stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements,
- one easy-to-read multi-size pattern sheet, with no overlapping pieces.
The Patterns are presented in a large, 'string and washer' style envelope with a clear front window, and there is room to pop in your traced pattern also.
Share your creations on social networks #pmpatterns #pmethel
For your Ethel, select twill, viscose, crepe, double gauze, linen, tencel, eyelet, lightweight flannel, lightweight denim, any soft fabric with a nice drape.
Suggested fabrics for the lining (if lined garment): lightweight cotton, viscose, any fabric that can be used to line garment.
- Fusible interfacing
The size range for this pattern is 32-54, which covers bust measurements from 31 1/2 Inches - 48 Inches.
Level of Difficulty
P & M Patterns rate this pattern as 1 stars - Beginner