P & M Patterns - Orlando Trousers / Culottes
About the Orlando Trousers / Culottes
ORLANDO takes its name after Virginia Woolf’s main character in the novel of the same title. The trousers/culottes offer a cool and chic silhouette that is both feminine and masculine. Flowy and loose, this wide leg design is worn slightly below the waist (if you prefer to wear it high waist, you just need to cut it in a size smaller). It offers optimal comfort thanks to the knife pleats at the waist that enhance the looseness of the cut, and a low crotch that gives ORLANDO a baggy style (the crotch line can easily be raised for those who do not look the baggy effect).
Paired with sneakers, ORLANDO will have a trendy urban look, that is more masculine. Alternatively, paired with high-heels and a nice blouse, it will be the epitome of femininity and elegance.
The choice of fabric is of paramount importance: a thick fabric, such as tweed or ribbed velvet may thicken the silhouette by adding volume. Lighter fabrics with a nice drape will give a different look.
The paper pattern includes:
- the booklet in English, stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements,
- one easy-to-read multi-size pattern sheet, with no overlapping pieces.
The Patterns are presented in a large, 'string and washer' style envelope with a clear front window, and there is room to pop in your traced pattern also.
Share your creations on social networks #pmpatterns #pmorlando
For your Orlando, select flowy medium weight fabric for trousers containing viscose or polyester such as crepe, tencel, gabardine.
- One Ø 22-25 mm (⅞’’-1’’) button,
- Optional: four Ø 12-15 mm (½’’-⅝’’) buttons for pocket flaps,
- A zipper: 15 cm (6 inches) for sizes 34-46; 18 cm (7 inches) for sizes 48-52,
- 20 cm (¼ yd) of fusible interfacing (Vlieseline® G700, H250 ; or Stragier® DS1.
The size range for this pattern is 32-54, which covers waist measurements from 24 3/8 Inches - 40 1/2 Inches.
Level of Difficulty
P & M Patterns rate this pattern as 3 stars - Advanced