The Avid Seamstress - The Sun Dress
About The Sun Dress
Meet the beautiful Sun Dress. Perfect for all year round, it‘s a great look for warmer months when you need a dress that‘s smart enough for the office yet stylish enough for weekend brunch. Throw a casual jacket or cardigan over the dress when the weather is cooler.
Team it with some luxury fabric and you‘ll also have your go-to formal dress for a range of occasions from wedding guest to evening events.
The Sun Dress features a fitted bodice with a square neckline, wide modern straps and a button-down front. The bodice has a front side dart and the back a waist dart. A pleated skirt with pockets offers a fun, flattering silhouette as well as comfort and practicality for your day-to-day activities.
The wide skirt hem finishes the look. The dress is fastened by a concealed zipper at the back.
The Sun Dress is suitable for light to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton, chambray and linen. Consider making The Sun Dress in light-weight striped linen for a classic take on the French Riviera style.
UK sizes 8-22
41cm/16" invisible zipper, four 2cm buttons, 25cm/20" iron on interfacing
- Sewing pattern sheet printed on high-quality 60gsm pattern paper (irons/pins beautifully) or select an option to receive an additional pattern sheet - perfect for toiles or if you would like to make various sizes
- Step-by-step instruction booklet
- Guide to taking accurate measurements
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All encased in a re-closable envelope