Friday Pattern Co - Seabright Swimmer
About the Seabright Swimmer
The Seabright Swimmer is a one piece swimsuit pattern that can be made with or without sleeves. It features a plunging neckline with gathering at the shoulder and waist. The instructions include a tutorial for adding a lace up neckline closure for added modesty. The sleeves let you look and feel glam while providing a bit of added sun protection.
You will need a fabric with 4 way stretch and at least 50% crosswise stretch. Keep in mind that your suit will be stretching both around your body and down it, so if your fabric doesn’t have 4 way stretch it won’t fit correctly. If you are making this as a swimsuit, you will need swim lycra. If you are making this as a body suit, any knit will do as long as it meets stretch requirements. You can use the same fabric for the outer fabric and lining or get separate lining fabric.
- 4 yards ¼” wide elastic
- Stretch sewing machine needle
- A tool for marking. A disappearing or wash away marking pen is ideal, but we won’t be marking anywhere that will show on the final suit, so a regular marker or pen will do in a pinch.
- Swimsuit fabric
- Swimsuit lining
- Thread (polyester thread is good for sewing with knits because it has some give)
- 2, 3/4” D-Rings for an optional lace up front closure.
- Soft foam cups. Sizing up in foam cups is recommended for this suit.
- Hand sewing needle (for sewing in cups).
Sizes XS - 4X are included in pattern
Level of Difficulty
The Seabright Swimmer is rated for Intermediate level sewing.
Friday Pattern Company is an independent sewing pattern company based out of Sacramento, CA. USA.